Pages

December 11, 2011

It is holiday yet?

Mt Eden




Rambo and me



This week hasn't started off that great. It's cloudy and rainy here. But I did manage to figure out how to use the can openers here when I was making salsa! BIG accomplishment! Last week I went down to Mission Bay, the beach community in Auckland. Not to be confused with Mission Beach in San Diego. It was such a beautiful day and so relaxing. It made me thankful to be in such a beautiful relaxing place and reminded me how much room I have to relax more here.

I still don't understand Cricket. Games last for 5 days here (and you thought football games were long).

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks when my dad gets here and Corina takes 3 weeks off. It will be nice to spend my holiday on the beach, eating and drinking too much.

Friday we went to an "All-American" New Zealand party. Yeah...That was fun! Rocky was a great host. Lauryn and I talked to a lot of random people. It's weird going out here and meeting 20-year-olds at events like that. I felt like such a cougar talking to this guy. Having an accent always helps. I think I've given out my number more times here than I did in like a year at the University. I jumped on the mechanical bull that was at the party (well actually I fell off in my first attempt, but successfully got on the second time). But it wasn't working and there wasn't any padding...End of story.

Still looking for a job, I'm supposed to hear back from one that I had two interviews with today. I really hope I get it! But I'm also applying to other jobs that look like a lot of fun. I actually found an office admin job today that required a photo to even be considered. That would not be alright in the States.

This week I am meeting with a recruitment lady tomorrow and Thursday I have an interview at a restaurant. And Friday dad comes!! Yay!

If you are reading this, it probably means you need to get on Skype more and try to talk to me.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Violet...insanely jealous New Zealand looks sick! I just downloaded this travel podcast on iTunes and they had an episode on Auckland. Is Mission Beach cool as well? I'm on my way to San Diego in a couple weeks, to get out this winter weather. You all are in the summer though right? Take care and be safe on the roads (I hear the wheel is on the right)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Give your dad a big hug for me when he gets there! And Corina, too!

    ReplyDelete