Pages

February 19, 2012

Updates

I apologize for not updating this as much, I'm surprised by how fast time goes here. I've started work. The transition into working 40 hour a week wasn't that bad at all. I enjoy the people and the variety of projects I work on. The hardest part is leaving Rambo every morning. I had an adorable photo of her, but Corina has my camera so I can't use it for this post. I'm still getting used to Friday drinks in the office. In case you are unaware, most of NZ offices provide beer and wine to their workers around 4 on Friday to celebrate the end of the week. Usually everyone in my office has left by 6, which is when I get off work, so I don't participate. But the entire idea is still weird to me. I usually set up for Friday drinks and I'm just not quite comfortable carrying around bottles of wine around the office.

I'm still working on getting a routine down that includes going to the gym after work, but I'm getting better! It's hard when the weather is so nice. I think when winter comes and it gets dark at like 5 I won't have a problem being in the gym until 7.

This morning I woke up to strange noise, at first I thought Rambo was chewing on something weird, but there was actually a bird in the living room! I think it got in when I had the backdoor open yesterday afternoon. Of course Corina and Lee are in Melbourne until Wednesday so it was just me, Rambo and a bird at 8am. My first instinct was to tell someone of the ridiculous situation I was in. But then I realized I should probably do something, so I grabbed Rambo and put her in the bathroom so she wouldn't attack the bird. Then I opened and backdoor and called Lee's dad because I figured it was 8am, I hadn't had coffee there might be something smart I should be doing. In the end, the bird made it out and Rambo was let out of the bathroom.

I changed my return ticket to June 17th. So if you want to come see me in NZ, now is your chance! Or if you are counting down when I leave this country, make sure you change the date on your calender!

Not much else new to report here....Just trying to enjoy this amazing weather before winter comes.

Next week I will be in Wellington, so I will be updating my blog with stories from my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment